[macvoiceover] Re: Louis, the MacOSx braille translator

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 07:41:13 -0600

I believe there is a program to convert LaTex to either DocBook or HTML. If that is the case, and I can look into it, then yes it will work. Any file format you can turn into HTML, or in theory any form of XML will work.

When Louis and the underlying code of liblouis encounters a new XML format it does not know it will create a .sem file. The user can then edit this file telling Louis how each XML tag should be treated in braille for example which ones should be paragraphs.

Greg Kearney
On May 14, 2007, at 06:06 , John W. Hess wrote:

greg, this would go far in the world of education especially since schools are still using the Mac. Please correct me or at least educate me here. Would the latex ormat be included? I may hav the name wrong but I am sure you know what I mean here. I have heard my education department talk about this format and don't really understand it but apparently it's used quite a bit. Wow, Greg keep up that great work. Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Kearney" <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>