[macvoiceover] Louis for MacOS X

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:57:30 -0400

Hello every one,

My wife Suzie and I spent much of the day testing the new Louis translater. You can get it here,
http://w3.wmcnet.org/braille/louis/

We translated, Word and RTF files.

We translated the files and saved them and sent them to the imbosser with Greg's Imboss program. You can find it here,
http://w3.wmcnet.org/braille/emboss/
This is a really great little program. We have used translaters of one sort or another for years, but this one is easier than most and seems to do just about everything. It will translate several kinds of files and sends the output to an imbosser, or, a braille device. I did not try this function, I don't have a braille device.. It looks like it will even do Neamoth mathe coad.

If you need to print braille, you can now do it with your mac and Voiceover.

Drop Greg a note if you have any problems.

Special thanks to Greg and John Boyer for all of there work, My wife Suzie and Cheryl for helping us to get this far.

We will be testing this translator nearly every day and we will soon be using it for production here in the shop.

Thanks.