[macvoiceover] Re: Logic Pro accessibility

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:21:56 -0500

This is a good topic for the vimac audio list but gb is good but it doesn't
allow for many tracks as far as I can tell and it's not easy to use.  gb on ios
is another matter.  it is highly accessible but you have to work at it.

On Nov 21, 2011, at 9:32 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hello all!
Well, I know this has been discussed here before, but as that was a long time
ago, I thought I'd bring up a new iteration of this topic to see what's going
on with Logic.
As I started working as a DJ some time ago and have begun to produce and
publish my own mixing sessions, the next step for me would be producing my own
tracks. Now, unfortunately I don't yet have a great knowledge about producing,
but I could start learning about it at Dubspot in NYC once I'm able to use an
appropriate software with a screen reader.
Of course, the two big apps for this purpose are Ableton or Logic. I've not had
the chance to look at any of them with VO yet, but since Logic is an Apple
product, I was hoping that this would be more accessible than, say, Ableton. So
I was wondering, has anyone recently tested Logic with VO and can comment on
its accessibility? Or is there any other software that could be used for music
production that is VO friendly? I was thinking of Garage Band at first, but I
don't think that would be sophisticated enough for producing serious Electronic
music…
So, thanks a lot for any advice / comments on this!!! :-)
Robin>

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jonnie Appleseed
with his