[macvoiceover] Re: Itunes accessibility

  • From: Jane Jordan (Gmail) <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:22:28 -0400

In his defense ... and I am not trying to start a flame war or anything.

If your'e going to claim accessibility with screen reader software, it had better be intuitive, a new person should be able to figure out how to navigate the store and have it work flawlessly--if they know the basics of Window-Eyes. Being a "strong user" should *not* be a requirement to get access to iTunes.

Jane

On Sep 12, 2008, at 8:38 AM, The BlindTechs Network wrote:

before just saying something so broad like that can you maybe explain what you had troubles on and maybe we can help you out.

or give me a call denis, you have my number you know.

On Sep 12, 2008, at 5:07 AM, Dennis Bartlett wrote:

Hello all,
I thought I would post this as just general information.
In limited testing I have found that the claimed accessibility of the Itunes store with Window-Eyes is not as good as the accessibility with VoiceOver on the Mac. Admittedly, I am not a strong Window-Eyes user, but it just doesn't seem to work as flawlessly as VoiceOver. I don't believe this should give GW Micro bragging rights because I believe that a person shouldn't have to get frustrated by the experience.

Thank you.

Dennis Bartlett
Please Visit my blog  at
dsbartlett.wordpress.com