[macvoiceover] Re: Intel Mac

  • From: "Greg Kearney" <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:45:28 -0600

The reason for this is that VirtualPC creates virtual hardware
including the processor. It is not vertualzation software such as
Parallels which uses the Intel processor in the hardware. VirtualPC
creates a virtual processor and that virtual processor is rated at 500
mhz regardless of the speed of the processors in hardware.

Greg

On 7/16/06, Richard Most <louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could one of you using a Intel Mac and running windows check the processor
speed? Why I ask when running virtual PC on my G5 the windows prosser speed
shows up as 500 mhz even though I am running dual 2.7 ghz proccessers.
 Thanks.

Richard Most
louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx