[macvoiceover] Re: Infovox iVox 2.0 final released:

  • From: Tim Grady <tgrady@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:45:21 -0500

You need to remember that part of the appeal of these voices is that they are the only high quality voices for a lot of people, and even for some people who speak english like the British, at least they can get voices with there own accent. Heck, I use the British Peter voice because of the high quality.

On Nov 7, 2009, at 12:00 AM, carlene knight wrote:

I just don't like the huge pauses in between sentences. Some of the pronunciations are kind of whacky also though I realize there is a dictionary. I guess I just don't want to take the time to fix something like that, especially when each voice costs $35 which I refuse to pay. You're right, it's all a matter of preference.

On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Cheryl Homier wrote:

Voices are very much a matter of opinion/personal preference. I like the Infovox voices much better than I like Alex and I certainly don't consider them to be a novelty. but that's why there are so many choices--we all have different likes and dislikes.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,