[macvoiceover] Re: I'm deaf-blind, can I use a mac?

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:49:05 -0400

In short you can do all of that and more

On Apr 17, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Sara wrote:

Hi everybody. I am deaf-blind [hard of hearing with no sight] and I currently use a Windows computer. Is it possible to use a Mac with a braille display as well as speech? How much of the Mac is accessible? Can it read email, surf the net, record audio, use Skype and the Mac version of MSN Messenger? I currently use Windows with two different screen-readers but I love technology so I am getting quite interested in the Mac. Also, I know people who use Macs and they all say they love their Macs to bits so I want to know what all the fuss is about. smile
Thanks and I look forward to emailing with you all.
Sincerely,
Sara