[macvoiceover] Re: ITunes problem and Airport Express

  • From: carlene knight <cknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:22:05 -0800

Hi:

David, I want to thank you as this seems to have fixed the problem. Somehow our fire wall wasn't even on. It's only been a couple of days, but so far all seems well.

Also, somebody was asking why sometimes they needed to use the VO commands with ITunes and sometimes not. I had the same problem, and the radio stations wouldn't change for me. What I discovered is that for some reason with the newest ITunes update, if you choose a button such as next, previous, and so on, you need to go back and press that same button again. Crazy I know, but it seems to solve the problem.
On Nov 6, 2009, at 11:10 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

To further fix your airport express issue,
go to network, go to security, make sure ipv6 i the advanced tcpip tab is set to off. then go to security and toggle the firewall to stop and then to start.

On Nov 6, 2009, at 1:45 PM, carlene knight wrote:

You're probably right as I have to restart ITunes every day. Otherwise my Airport Express can't find my remote speakers. My computer sleeps at night. :) I'd rather shut ITunes down than have to restart my computer.

On Nov 6, 2009, at 3:22 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I discovered that restarting itunes after the latest update and starting itunes fixed all my issues.

On Nov 5, 2009, at 9:12 PM, carlene knight wrote:

It does for me now too. I don't know what in the world was going on. Yes I do, the combination of myself and computers. :)
On Oct 31, 2009, at 4:24 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

enter works for me.

On Oct 30, 2009, at 11:09 PM, carlene knight wrote:

I found the answer to my last email, and it is another change in the new ITunes update. When changing a radio station you now hit the spacebar and not enter. This seems to also hold true for music libraries etc.

Maybe this will save somebody else some frustration.