[macvoiceover] I think I have a shorting track pad

  • From: Mark BurningHawk Baxter <markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:02:09 -0800

Whenever I am typing in a text field, My MBP15 running OS10.6.6 bounces out of
the window, sometimes calls up other apps and basically randomly switches me
from one app to another.  I believe this is because I have a track pad that
needs cleaning.  I am planning to take it into a computer store (There is no
Apple store within hours drive of here) and have THEM clean it, because I don't
want to miss a speck or an obvious visual problem.  SAlternatively, is there a
way to disable the track pad, since I do 't use it much anyway?  The keyboard
is acting fine, so I don't believe the problem is there.  It's just when I sign
into Itunes, Syrinx or in Mail that I can't seem to stay in the window I want
to focus on.  I've checked all myV O settings and cannot find anything out of
the ordinary...
Thanks for any suggestions about how to fix this cheaply...

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/