[macvoiceover] Re: I love my iMac!

  • From: JEFFREY SHOCKLEY <jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:32:31 -0400

Hi,
I don't think there is a keystroke to have the time announced, however, there is a way to get to it. All you do is press VO M twice, and arrow right a few times, and you'll get to the clock. Then, press Escape to return to where you were.
HTH,
Jeffrey
On Aug 8, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Every day I am finding more reasons to love my Mac!

Last night I found out that you can set the clock to announce the time at given intervals. I set mine to announce the time every 15 minutes, and I was able to watch the hours tick away as I tried to set up my scanner! <grin>

Then, this morning as I was reading the VO getting started PDF file, I found out that as I'm reading the document, if I press the CTRL key to stop reading, and go and get another cup of coffee, when I come back, all I need to do is press the CTRL key again, and VO starts reading right where it left off, within a word or two! Absolutely amazing! And VO is reading this PDF a lot better than Jaws did in Acrobat!

One thing I haven't come across yet, is there a keystroke to have the time announced?

Thanks all,

Russell