[macvoiceover] Re: I got my mail to work!

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:57:54 +0000

ah! I forgot to look in the library folder, inside my user folder. I just looked at the library on the root drive.

thanks!

ash
On Oct 28, 2009, at 7:50 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

I see it without showing hidden files.
here is the exact path for future reference:
users/your name folder/library/prefrences/com.apple.mail.plist
On Oct 28, 2009, at 2:05 PM, ashley wrote:

no. Looked all through my library folder. I couldn't find it in the users folder or in my home folder because hidden files were not shown. I was 2 lazy to use terminal and type a few commands, so I just removed it the easy way.....

Ash.

On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:50 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

couldn't find that prefs file eh?

On Oct 28, 2009, at 1:47 PM, ashley wrote:

the pop up was in the outgoing mail seccurity page in the create account window. O, and I managed to remove my mail prefurences. First I installed ap trap, then started it, then deleted the mail app to the trash, then removed the files, and then restored only mail.app. This gave me a nice clean mail.

Ash
On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Ashley, are these settings only for the talk talk site, or, where is this pop-up if it is in mail?
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:38:45 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

boy, I would not use a mail server that had no security.

On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:52 AM, ashley cox wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have now successfully got my mail o work. I went onto talktalk site
and it said to select none in a popup menu on the outgoing mail
seccurity settings.

Thanks for all of you help.
A very happy mail user,
Ash

> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty

Personal website: