[macvoiceover] Re: Help with safari and mail in SL

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:11:43 -0600

Hi Jeff & all,

From what I understand, the way to do this is to install Thunderbird on your Windows machine. Then, import your email messages into Thunderbird from Outlook or Outlook Express, and then, find the folder where Thunderbird stores messages and copy this to your Mac. Then, I think you need to import those messages into the Mail app on your Mac. Sorry, I can't quite recall exactly all the details, but I checked into this when I first bought my Mac and decided it was too much trouble, especially when I've still got my Windows machine kicking around. If there's a message I need to have access to, I just go the the Windows machine and forward it to myself.

HTH

Russell
On 2009-09-19, at 9:24 AM, Jeff Kisecker wrote:

Hi:

Things are going pretty well with my new Mac. I am having a couple of problems or questions though.

In mail, is there a way to import my mail from Outlook? If so, I haven't found the way yet.

Kind of the same question for Safari, can I import my \IE into safari?

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff Kisecker