To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:34 AM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Hello new list members!

Sara,

Ron here. Actually, to be honest, the Mac store in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, let me take an Orange iMac home for a weekend, back when I was first looking into getting a Mac, back in April of 1999. I used a demo copy of OutSPOKEN 8, for that weekend. That following Monday, the Motherboard in My PC died on me. Think having the Mac in the house scared the PC to death - literally! <grin!>

My experience, over that weekend, combined with the death of the PC put me on the fast-track to getting a Mac!

Currently, I possess 3 iMacs - a 233MHz Bondi-Blue, 333MHz G3, an iMac G5, and a white, 12" iBook. My sighted roommate has an eMac. I've also owned a 300MHz Wallstreet Mac laptop, and several PCs in the past, and even a couple of old KayPro CP/M-based computers!

Like yours, my Mom isn't at all thrilled with all the computers I have, but then, I'm a computer geek, what can I say! :-)

On Friday, I'll celebrate my 9th anniversary being a Mac user!

Welcome to our list!!!

Take Care!

Ron

On Apr 22, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Sara wrote:

Yeah. I've had sales people who knew next to nothing about computers at all, never mind Macs. lol I think the store I am visiting tomorrow is a bit more serious and I think the techs should know at least how to boot the computer. lol Do you think they'll let me take a mac home to test for a week? Just kidding, in my dreams!
Sara

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link  below.

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo!: Ganahee
Skype: Ganahee

Phone: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".