[macvoiceover] Re: Giving Someone a Machine From Fusion

It turns out, it is quite simple. You go into documents, find the vmware folder or what ever it is called and copy the file that is inside that folder. You put it on a usb drive or something, the other person puts it on their machine. They install fusion and boot up your machine which now becomes theirs. They need to look at the settings in fusion to change their share folders and so on so they can get at their documents on their Mac. Don't be surprised to find that they are suddenly using your license for Jaws, Kurzweil and so on. If you have files in your Windows My Documents, they get that too, so don't be too generous with your machines.

vashaun jones wrote:
HMMM that's interesting. I can think of a few ways but nothing concrete to have you to do for fear of sending you on a long drawn out Goose chase. I will play around with this interesting idea and post back.
On Apr 27, 2008, at 7:56 AM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

I want to put my virtual machine on his macbook so he can use it. I know this can be done somehow because you can download machines, so someone has obviously pakaged it for distribution.

On 26-Apr-08, at 9:53 PM, vashaun jones wrote:

What do you mean by copy it? Do you want stuff off of it or what are you wanting to do?
On Apr 26, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

I want to give my Windows machine to my son as it has a lot of junk on it so he might as well save his time configuring it. How to I eport, copy it or what ever you need to do to give it to him. I'm sure it is in the manual but I found everything but.
Rejean Proulx
rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover