[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: losing focus

  • From: Dennis Bartlett <dennis.bartlett1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:44:27 -0400

I haven't seen this issue on my IMac.

On 27-May-09, at 9:45 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I sent the message below to this list yesterday and received no response. I'm not sure if it got to you guys or if no one has seen the problem.

this losing focus issue has me going a bit nuts and to reproduce it all I need to do is close or delete an open message in Mail so it's not exactly one that's very obscure on my MacBook 13. I don't use Mail on our iMac so don't know if I can make it happen over there.

Please help, I'm going nuts with this one.

cdh

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 26, 2009 11:25:34 AM EDT
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: losing focus

Hi,

This happens most often in Mail but it also shows up often enough in textEdit to warrant a mention.

When, in Mail, I send, close or delete an open message I occasionally find myself back in the message list where I would expect to be. In textEdit if I Command+TAB I also find myself back where I'd guess I belonged. The operative word above is "occasionally" as, more frequently than not, I find myself in some random location in the message list, sometimes in the mailbox list and in textEdit, sometimes on the close or minimize button.

I have all of my cursors tracking each other but that's been the case for months.

When we added our new iMac 24 to our collection, I moved my music collection off of my MacBook 13 with its puny hard drive and onto a terrabyte external hanging off of the iMac. Oddly, freeing up a bunch of HD space seems to have made my focus problems worse.

In Mail, I now expect to find myself in some random spot in the message list but it's getting very frustrating as, if I take a phone call on my land line that lasts long enough for something odd to happen, it will and I'll need to jump through hoops to get back to my spot in an often long and important email.

Also, using VO+L will often read a random line far from my caret.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

cdh