[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Screen reader survey

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:41:30 -0600

I just completed the survey as well, but I'd like to point out that their questions aren't always on the mark. Asking if flash is easy/hard/whatever doesn't address the question as to whether flash content is usable at all, much less how much trouble it is to access it. Just flash itself is perfectly usable if it's used for sight enhancement, but it's useless if it's used to present the main content.

The survey did not make this distinction.
Some of the other questions did likewise with other topics.
Overall, it may help them get a view of the vi community, but it won't give them any sort of feel for how we use the web, which I think was the initial intent.