[macvoiceover] Re: Fusuon and Jaws

  • From: "David Truong" <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 03:06:13 +1000

HI,

Sure people are using Jaws in fusion.  But there is a difference to using
Jaws and actually doing something meaningful with it.  I mean Jaws works
fine for me if all I want to do is wander around the screen and type a few
documents in notepad etc etc.  But audio work and using apps that put a load
on the processor is not a goer for me.  Don't get me wrong, I love Jaws and
would be the last to say it didn't work for me cause I'm not a fan of
Wineyes usually but I can only tell as I see it smile.  If Jaws works for
you then fine.  Oh yes, and I am running fusion on a mac pro with 8 gb ram
two 2.8 4 cor processors.  My VM is configured to use 2 processors but have
run it in a vm that has 1 processor.  It is configured to use 4GB Ram.  Yeah
I think if Jaws was going to work that'd be enough power for it?  Oh yes, I
have all of my VMS in full screen.