[macvoiceover] For Ashley Re: start up disk?

Hi Ashley,
I have emptied the trash
The HDD size(Capasity)  is: 159.7 GB
Free space says: 796.8 mega bites
the only things in my hd folder are applications, library, system, user guides 
and information, and users.
In documents info it says I have:
225 mega bites on disk, with 572 items
in pictures it says: 60.3 mega bites
 in music it says: 2.99 gb
and in downloads, it says: 79.9 mb

Does any of this help?
I really have never had this issue with my PC, so it's a little confusing as to 
figure out.

Nicole
On Mar 1, 2010, at 1:27 PM, ashley wrote:

> have you emptyed the trash?
> delete any huge files; move your itunes library if possible
> otherwhise... what size is your hdd?
> do you have many files on it?
> there could be an OS isue. If you want to view your free space, find the 
> "macintosh hd" icon and press cmd I on it to get info. The details will be 
> shown there. What is your free space?
> ash
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicole Hutchins" <nkhutch86@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 1:56 PM
> Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: start up disk?
> 
> 
> Hi Ashley,
> I have an external drive connected to my mac, but I don't have that much 
> information or that many files on my computer at all. Do I delete them from 
> theMac hd dirrectly? How do I know what to delete?
> 
> Nicole
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 4:17 AM, ashley wrote:
> 
>> it means that your main harddrive (Macintosh HD) is almost full, and that if 
>> you don't delete files, mac OSX may slow down as it will now have enough 
>> room to run. I recommend buying a portable external harddrive, and then if 
>> you need it all the time you can leave it plugged into your mac, and the mac 
>> will shut it off when it shuts down and when it sleeps etc. If you buy a 
>> 3.5" drive that has a power adapter, the mac will not do this. Move your 
>> files to this and you should be running well again.
>> ash
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicole Hutchins" <nkhutch86@xxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:18 PM
>> Subject: [macvoiceover] start up disk?
>> 
>> 
>> Hi group,
>> Today i got a message that said my "Startup disk is almost full, and that I 
>> need to delete some files."
>> Can anyone tell me what this means, and how to correct it?
>> 
>> Thanks, Nicole>
>>> Click on the link below to go to our homepage.
>>> http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
>>> 
>>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link below.
>>> http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>>> 
>>> Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to
>>> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web
>>> interface at http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>> Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2715 - Release Date: 02/28/10 
>> 19:34:00
>> 
>>> 
>>> Click on the link below to go to our homepage.
>>> http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
>>> 
>>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link below.
>>> http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>>> 
>>> Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to 
>>> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface 
>>> at http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>>> 
> 
>> 
>> Click on the link below to go to our homepage.
>> http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
>> 
>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link below.
>> http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>> 
>> Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to
>> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web
>> interface at http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>> 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2716 - Release Date: 03/01/10 
> 07:34:00
> 
>> 
>> Click on the link below to go to our homepage.
>> http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
>> 
>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link below.
>> http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>> 
>> Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to   
>> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface 
>> at http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>> 

>
> Click on the link below to go to our homepage.
> http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
>
> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link below.
> http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>
> Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to
>  macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web
> interface at http://www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
>

Other related posts: