[macvoiceover] Re: Face Book and VO?

Thanks to both Marcy and Keith for their tremendously quick answers. Over the years, I've steered a lot of people to mobile sites because they tend to be easier on the ear; of course, when I have an issue, I forget my own advice as I am still a bit in the worlds between VO (all of my personal computing and some of my jwork), JAWS (typically only for comparison reasons) and orca (because a number of foriegn governments/my clients are paranoid about both MS and Apple embedding code in their proprietary operating systems to spy for the US. I also need to fiddle around with some other Windows screen readers again for comparison purposes.

I think that with VO coming with the OS, JAWS advances on sites like googledocs, the terrific and very powerful scripting facility in Window-Eyes, the large cash infusions being tossed at NVDA, the international acceptance of orca and the cost free System Access to Go (www.satogo.com - requires Windows) that we're enterring a very interesting and exciting time in this biz.

For the first time in years we are enjoying real competition to take on JAWS and FS is responding with some really cool stuff. I'm enjoying the Macintosh more and more each day and, after a year, I still feel like a beginner.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Aug 20, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi again Chris! Whoops! I just reread and realized you're already set up. Great! Now the rest on the mobile site will be easy! Marcy
On Aug 20, 2009, at 8:52 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I sort of remember some chatter on this list about Face Book. My sister sent me an invitation to be her "friend" so I went ahead and set up an account.

I find the pages to be hard to navigate as they all seem to have a lot of junk at the top that VO doesn't jump passed and labels on some of the edit controls are obtuse or missing altogether as, presumedly, sighties can infer their meaning by context.

If anyone uses Face Book with VO and feels they do successfully, please help me out with a few pointers to get started.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Wordy Mom
Think positive,