[macvoiceover] FW: Voice Over and some Skype-Related Questions

  • From: "Michael Busboom" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:11:46 +0200

From: Michael Busboom [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 06 May, 2009 15:41
Subject: Voice Over and some Skype-Related Questions

Hi listers,

I was wondering if there was a way to get Voice Over to tell me the status
of Skype contacts.  I never know if there status is set to "Do not disturb,"
"Away," etc.

On a similar topic, Voice Over sometimes reads a contact's mood message;
sometimes it doesn't.  I have never figured out why this is the case.  I'd
like to hear the mood messages all the time, if possible.

Lastly, Skype tells me whenever people on my contact list log onto Skype and
this is great.  However, I'd like to be able to turn off these status
messages at will, since when I am talking with other people on Skype, these
status messages can be disturbing.  I seem to recall enabling this feature
at one time, but I can't remember how I did it.

My best to all,

Mike