[macvoiceover] EyeTV accessibility and audio description

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:45:02 -0700

Hi,
I purchased an Elgato Diversity TV stick and was under the impression the EyeTV
software was fully accessible.  I also did a Google search to look into audio
description and only found one post from someone who couldn't turn it off so
assumed the feature was present.

On the face of it I find the program to be ok as I can see what channel  I am
watching and use all of the menus.  What I can't seem to do is read the built
in program guide, read program info even though I have it set to show for 10
seconds after the channel is changed and I can't find the audio description
feature, if this is present.  A channel list would also be good instead of
moving up and down through them all.

I know there are few users of this software on list so I would apreciate any
tips you may have.

Dean>