[macvoiceover] Re: Eset smart security for mac

I don't think the trial package updates.  At least mine hasn't.  OH, well,
looks like I have to break down and read the manual.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cheryl Homiak
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:31 AM
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Eset smart security for mac

Hi all.

I decided it's time to have antivirus protection for the mac. Since I use
Eset's antivirus on my Windows machines, I decided to do the free 30-day
trial of the software from Eset for the Mac. After installing, I found the
system dialog for the program; there's also an "eset cyber security" in
Applications. I think when I opened it the first time it said it was
updated. However, I don't see a way to get it to update the database other
than whenever it does it automatically and the button with the signature
date appears to say it for March 20 2009, but when I click on the button I'm
taken to safari and it shows the current day's database number, date and
info. So I'm wondering if this trial package really hasn't updated or if for
some reason the button always shows the original (first) database date. i'm
also wondering if there's no way to force an update or if I'm missing it or
if some of the functions aren't accessible with voiceover. If anybody else
has tried or is using the Eset software, I'd appreciate your input. With
Eset, trial packages are usually the normal full package but with a deadline
after which they won't work unless you buy. My expiration date is showing.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth