[macvoiceover] Re: Encourage Mac support! Fwd: Announcing the free WebVisum web accessibility Firefox extension

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:00:55 +0200

I wonder how much control one has over these so called "accessibility features"? The captcha solver is a blessing, the rest is reinventing the wheel again i guess. Sorry for sounding so negative, but my experience of "special software for the blind" exept ofcourse screen readers and the like, which are necessary, is that you make a very simple and powerless interface, disabling useful functions and generally insulting our inteligense by making useless oversimplified software.

/Krister

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 3, 2008 2:33:55 PM EDT
To: blindsoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blindsoftware] Announcing the free WebVisum web accessibility Firefox extension

direct from the developers:
Announcing the free WebVisum web accessibility Firefox extension
Greetings.
WebVisum is a unique and free Firefox add on which greatly enhances
web accessibility and empowers the blind and visually impaired
community by putting the control in your hands! Its aim is to allow
you to better enjoy surfing the net and be significantly less
dependent upon outside help.
Just a few exciting features that we already offer:
* Community driven tagging and page enhancements.
* Automated and instant CAPTCHA image solving, sign up to web sites
and make posts and comments without asking for help!
* Built in helper functions for easier page navigation and less
confusion.
* Numerous under the hood page tweaks designed to help screen reader
users.
* Visually Impaired users benefit from features such as high contrast
page viewing, link and focus highlighting, and more.
We have an extensive list of exciting features and enhancements and
are planning to continue developing this product further to its
fullest potential. In order to accomplish these goals we need to reach the entire blind and visually impaired Internet users community and we
need your help in spreading the word!
We rely on your feedback alone to improve on what we have done so far
and make WebVisum the ultimate accessibility helper for the web. So
please do not hesitate to write to us through the contact form on the
site, any feedback, comment or question you may have.
Check out
http://www.webvisum.com/

for instructions on how to start
using WebVisum right away.
The web has just become much more accessible! Happy surfing.

__._,_.___
Messages
Blindsoftware Group Information:
Moderators: <a href="mailto:serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx";>Brandon</a>, <a href="mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>James Scholes</a> and <a href="matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ">Matthew Horspool</a>.

MARKETPLACE
Blockbuster is giving away a FREE trial of - Blockbuster Total Access. <trace.gif>

RECENT ACTIVITY
6
New Members
Visit Your Group