[macvoiceover] Re: Domains...

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:08:45 -0400

Hi David,

Your own grieving must be very difficult this summer and I can say that you have any support we can give you as well as a pep talk if you need one by calling my mobile.

In answers to your questions:

1. You do not pay any charges. Registering a domain to sit on Dreamhost costs very little so my policy is that I'll pay for my friends to have space and if we meet in person you must buy me a sandwich.

2. Officially, I will "own" the domains but I'll give everyone enough of a privilege level so they can change it to their own name and contact information if they want to move it somewhere else.

I am very trusting of people who take up my offers of free stuff. I've never been burned and people seem to enjoy the Dreamhost service. I find the DH control panel to work nicely with Safari and Drupal works nicely as well.

The Drupal guys are really taking accessibility seriously and are working with a number of really top people in our field. I can install Drupal 6.xx which has some accessibility improvements and a bunch of accessibility (508 approved) templates. If you are a bit of a daredevil, I will install Drupal 7 which further improves accessibility but is still a beta and may have some odd behaviors.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Aug 17, 2009, at 7:55 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

CDH;

I am sorry to hear of your tragic events. It seems lots of us are recovering or helping folk to recover from highly negatively impactful events this summer.

I've a couple of questions:

do we pay the charges associated withthe domains? do we own the domains so that if we wish if need be to transfer them to another space of our choosing, we can do so?

On Aug 17, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Much earlier this summer, I made an open offer to anyone on this list to register and host a domain for them on my Dreamhost account. Three of you took me up on the offer and I have still not gotten around to adding the domains.

I've had a very weird summer, our pet dog, who we had for 9 years died from a massive heart attack and three of my human friends died within two weeks of each other in July. So, I've been mourning, grieving and taking another look at life.

So, I'll send you provate notes when I have the domains with the interesting information like how to log in. Also, if anyone else wants a doman set up now is the time to speak up.

cdh