[macvoiceover] Re: Does anyone experience trouble with drag and drop?

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 02:42:46 -0500

HI Brett,

Hey, thanks for the info. I'm currently looking over the very guide you speak of, just wasn't sure where to find the drag & drop stuff at. I'll be sure to check it out and see if I encounter the same problems you have.

Regards,

Ron

On Sep 6, 2009, at 12:14 AM, Brett Campbell wrote:

Hi Ron,

I access the VoiceOver guide by hitting VO H and arrow down to the bottom item in the list titled Getting Started Guide. The drag and drop feature is discussed in chapter 2.

Brett

On Sep 5, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Brett,

I had been wondering if Snow Leopard still had Drag & Drop functionality, and if so, what the commands were for using it?

You mention instructions in the SL VO Getting Started manual. Is that the one on Apple's site? If so, what section are they found in? If not, where do I get the document you're referring to?

TIA!

Ron

On Sep 5, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Brett Campbell wrote:

I'm attempting to use the drag and drop VoiceOver feature outlined in the SL leopard getting started manual. I am experiencing sort of a lock up when I try to move a file. For example, I had my downloads folder and my documents folder open in the finder. After following the keyboard drag and drop instructions, not only was I unable to transfer a file, I could no longer cycle among the finder windows. I could not bring up the finder menu. I could bring up menus in other apps. I could not restart or shut down by selecting in the Apple menu. I had to perform a force quit with the power button. I had the same results when attempting all of the above a second time.
Can anyone reproduce this?
Does installing a new app on your Mac ever cause trouble throughout your system? I installed textexpander a couple of days ago. I don't know if my quirks are related to Snow Leopard or a new app.

Thanks,

Brett