[macvoiceover] Re: Data Detector Present?

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 13:00:36 -0400

This is so cool, I did not notice this, how cool.

Keith Reedy

God gives His best to those who leave the Choice with Him.
J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 5, 2009, at 10:14 AM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Data detectors are amazing. I've been using them for the last few days. The Mac is able to understand casual language pretty well, which means that, for example, if someone sends you an email setting the time for a meeting or something like that, you just vo shift m on the data detector, and you can add the date and time to iCal, or look at your calendar for that day etc. It also recognizes things like flight numbers so you can just click on them and check their status, and many other things. Definitely worth keeping it activated...
On Sep 5, 2009, at 7:42 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

it is a new feature of snow leopard and vo reveals it and there is no way to turn it off. data detectors let you know of something like a web address, a contact etc. if you press vo-shift-m on them, you get some interesting options. for instance, I put your entire contact data in my contacts with one click.

On Sep 5, 2009, at 7:35 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Since yesterday, while trying to do a VO+a to read emails, the text in the message is interrupted by the phrase, "Data Detector Present." The reading then resumes at the right spot. What did I do to turn this on? What does it mean? How do I make it go away?

cdh