[macvoiceover] Re: DVD

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:57:36 -0400

Hi Vashawn,

Did you get the hotel connectivity issue solved on your pro? Can you try another DVD? I believe what should pop up when you insert a DVD is a program called IDVD which should work. Have you tried interacting with the "unknown? controls can hide in them.

On Sep 15, 2007, at 9:10 PM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

Hello listers I am in Florida (my favorite hideaway ) and I open my Mac Book Pro and it says I don't have any trusted wireless connections available. Do I want to connect to the hotel's network? This happened as soon as I turned on the computer. It said the hotels name, but I don't remember it. I recognized the name because hours earlier I had to go to the control panel of my Windows laptop and configure it myself (what I now know is a pain). If I am allowed to curse in a good way (not flaming a lister), that was the coolest shi* I have ever seen. Sorry, I had to get that out! Now for the question: I solved the problem of wondering why I had another component showing up next to my HD. It was a DVD....This brings me to the day that I wanted to test if things "just work on the Mac". So I set up my computer using no sighted assistance using VO. Cool it worked, now I want to play a CD. I put it in and wa la I Toones popped up and played the CD without a long Windows I Toones wait. Oh and it actually was assessable....Now lets try a DVD. So I put my problem in its beautiful slot and this program popped up. It doesn't play and I am stuck one month later. The program says that it is "unknown" and will not to my knowledge play. It is a bootleg DVD, but should work just fine. Can someone help.