--Original Message Text---
From: Josh de Lioncourt
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:13:41 -0800

David,

I'm very curious why you think the preview pane is a pain?  It works
beautifully for me.  As you move through the messages in your mailbox,
press VO-J to jump directly to the pane and VO reads the contents
automatically, and you can move through the message with VO-arrows.
Pressing VO-J returns you to the message.  There is nothing difficult
or tricky about it.  What puts you off from using it?  COnstantly
opening and closing windows seems more troublesome to me.

Josh de Lioncourt
Mac-cessibility: http://www.Lioncourt.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt

"The rich declare themselves poor,
"And most of us are not sure,
"If we have too much,
"But we'll take our chances,
"'cause God stopped keeping score."
Praying for Time--George Michael

On Feb 4, 2009, at 5:37 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

There are two ways to copy text from a message.  I don't use the
preview payne because it's a payne but suspect his will work for you.
when focussed on your message content, you need to interact with it,
press vo keys with enter to begin selecting the text, use vo-arrows to
select the text, when done, press vo-enter again to end selecting,
press command-c to copy the text.

The other way to do this is to reply to or forward the message and then
instead of sending it, use normal selection copy and paste.

Marty