[macvoiceover] Re: Continued problems connecting bluetooth keyboard to iPad

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:46:13 -0500

Yeah, I did some more googling and when you tap on the text field with the
bluetooth keyboard connected, the virtual keyboard does not appear. Apparently
the bluetooth keyboard should be useable. You could try opening an email or
notes or something and then turning vo off (tripple-tap home if you have that
set up) and seeing if anything ends up being typed. I realize that if you have
to turn off vo to get your keyboard work, that's a problem that needs to be
addressed, but you could at least test it this way. Somehow, though, it doesn't
make sense to me that they would have set things up so the bluetooth keyboard
wouldn't work with vo on so I think that probably isn't the problem.  I would
say the best practice is to never assume something won't work until you
research it thoroughly; just say you haven't been able to get it to work yet. I
do think whoever posted that there would probably be an upgrade so the older
bluetooth keyboard would pair may be right but I didn't want to wait and hoped
that happened. It looks like I should have my keyboard in a couple of days and
I'll report if I have any success or find out why there's a problem. But if
somebody beats me to it, that's great!!!

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Easter story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),