[macvoiceover] Clock chimes from Mac app store

  • From: Cheryl Ann Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:03:46 -0600 (CST)

Hi all.

I just wondered if by any chance anybody might have bought Clock Chimes from the Mac app store. i bought it and set the preferences and testing it works with the test button but it isn't actually working at all. Since preferences don't come up at startup, the resulting window just says "clock chimes has no windows" but I've done cmd-comma and checked my prefs and they are ok. I just wondered if either having voiceover on is a conflict (which I can check) or there's something you have to do in the app that isn't accessible to turn it on. I'm not really upset; it only cost $1.99 and the Westminster chimes sound files i have on my computer that I found are actually much more realistic but still, I'd like to know why it doesn't work for me. I wanted to email the app's support but of course there's a captcha! I posted here just in case somebody else has run it and can tell me if there might be a voiceover conflict of some kind. Apparently Solona is gone so I can't do captchas that way.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart