[macvoiceover] Re: Can't find my Windows files on external drive!!

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 21:50:16 -0600

Hi Ignasi,

Thanks for this information! My drive was, indeed where you said it would be. I just wasn't understanding the way VO pronounced it! <smile>

Thanks again,

Russell
On 6-Aug-09, at 8:52 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

It should be on your desktop. If it's not there, you can check if the option to show volumes on the desktop is active on the finder's pref pane (to open it, press command comma while sitting anywhere on the finder). An other option would be to press command shift c while on the finder, which will bring up all volumes (also network etc...) connected to your mac.
On Aug 6, 2009, at 10:36 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi all,

In preparation for getting my new Mac, I copied a lot of files to an external USB drive, thinking that I would just plug it into my Mac and copy the files to the Mac... not quite so easy, I'm afraid!

Where do I go to find my USB drive? I see no indication anywhere of where this external drive would show up!

Thanks again,

Russell