[macvoiceover] Re: Apple - iPhone - Accessibility

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:46:21 -0400

if it would work, they would have told us. they are quite studious in matters like this as are most manufacturers. if something works, the proclaim it, if it doesn't, whether it works or not does not eve come up in the litterature unless there is a reason to mention it due to potential harm that might be caused by an attempt. I've looked at the 3g update, nothing about vo is mentioned. I'velooked at the 3gs, it's proclaimed loudly and clearly to be there. I don't think the documentation was an over sight. I don't think it was unintentionally left out of the descriptions and this leads me to the unmistakable conclusion that the 3g os upgrade does not include vo. I'd like to hope that it did but there is no point in that. I hae a feeling it has to do with ram and cpu power.

On Jun 9, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Well, Tiger worked on older Macs that had never been accessible before. I don't see any reasons for the screen reader on iPhone OS 3.0 not to work on older iPhones given that there is the option of upgrading them, although there are probably many...

Ignasi
On Jun 9, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

I don't think that this will work with the current 3G.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 9, 2009, at 2:25 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

I guess if it works for the iPhone 3g (not the new version) once you install the OS 3.0 it will also work on iPod touch. It's basically the same device...
On Jun 9, 2009, at 12:43 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

I wish they'd do it for the touch.

On Jun 9, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Sara wrote:

I can't get my mind around it so you're ahead of me. smile
Sara
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Reedy" <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>