[macvoiceover] Re: Apple Snow Leopard Installation with VoiceOver!!!

  • From: "ashley" <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:32:02 +0100

Thanks!
ash
Personal website:
www.ashleycox.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Jackson" <jack728@xxxxxxxxx> To: <viphone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:59 AM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Apple Snow Leopard Installation with VoiceOver!!!

Hello, all.  I do realize that this message is being cross-posted to
several lists, and I do not often do this.  However, in light of the
fact that, on August 28, Apple released the long-awaited and long-
anticipated Mac OS X, Snow Leopard, I thought it was necessary to get
this message to as many Mac people as possible.  Please forgive me if
I have sent this to a list inadvertently.  I assure you that my intent
was to provide quick access to the following information in a very
timely manner.  BlindWorld is very proud to be the first podcast to
release a show dedicated to the installation of this wonderful new OS
with VoiceOver.  Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show, as Buddy Brannan
and I install Snowie on a brand new partition.  We take you through
the formatting of the partition, included some of the uh-ohs that you
might experience as you begin your journey into Snow Leopard.  We then
proceed to install the OS using VoiceOver.  After that, we set up
Buddy's Mac using VoiceOver, and we take you completely through the
"Getting Started" tutorial, and we provide entertaining commentary all
the way through the podcast.  I trust that this proves to be of some
small help to those who want to know how to get this new OS up and
going, and I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank
Apple for all that they have done for the blind community in recent
years.  This is Mac OS X at its best, and I hope our little show will
prove once and for all that Mac OS X is a viable and indeed and
preferred OS for a good many blind users.  I wish you all the very
best, and thank you for listening to our show!!!
Shane Jackson
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA.
Email and MSN:  jack728@xxxxxxxxx
Skype:  cadal728