[macvoiceover] Re: Another trashes the MAC and Voiceover,

  • From: Dane Trethowan <grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:01:06 +1000

Thanks for this Keith but I think the main thing is that people really don't know what they're talking about or on about until they take a little time to use a product, this was clearly demonstrated to me yesterday by a friend, he rang me and told me he'd been able to finally get "hands-on" experience with an Apple Mac and he loved each of the very few minutes of time he had to play with the machine. This has resulted in him getting a new Imac and naturally I've offered to help where I can. Our greatest way of alerting the public to facts about Voiceover are the mediums of the Podcast and Keith's excellent web site, there are probably others but we have great things going for us in that we can do demos of everything about Voiceover and associated applications, all the user has to do is to download and he or she hears for themselves.

Now please excuse me for gloating here but I've been absolutely taken aback by the reaction my latest 2 podcasts have received - one on the excellent backup/restore software Superduper and the other being the first part of the Amadeus Pro tutorial, the next part will be up shortly - and the feedback proves conclusively to me that there's a huge appetite for this sort of stuff and blind people - just like the general public - aren't the fools that NFB make them out to be.

On 11/06/2009, at 1:20 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

This is in deed sad, but, not unexpected.

Actually, this kind of thing happens much less now than it did 4 years ago. Look at howmany people use the mac now.

You know, I decided, some time ago, that what I'm going to do, no matter who writes what, is to keep welcoming new comers to this list and continue to answer questions when I can, because, thats how people learn that there is an easier way to use a computer, Voiceover and the MAC.

******************************

Dane Trethowan
From Melton Victoria Australia
mailto:"grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx