[macvoiceover] Re: An other Adium question

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:35:54 -0400

Ok, so an other question... In Adium, I found out that I can read text for the conversation I'm in by interacting with the "unknown" control. That works just fine, but every time I interact with it I'm at the beginning of the conversation, so I need to get to the end which only takes one keystroke, but it's still annoying. Is there anything I can do about this? Can I read the conversations some other way? Something else I noticed is that when I read through the conversation, VO will read the last line only once, and then it pretends that it's not there anymore. The second to the last line is the last line VO reads. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Ignasi
On May 26, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

if you tab around to it it will show up again. unlike windows, macs never make your apps just disappear. but yes by hiding it you could access it from the doc too. But it'll just be behind your other open apps. never completely gone from VO view

On May 26, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

So if I hide it I can make it show up again from the doc, right? Sorry for the stupid question...

On May 26, 2009, at 2:23 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

only iding the programme. command H.

On May 26, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

So here's an other question... Is there a way of having Adium running on the doc only, without having the application window opened? Basically what I'm asking is if there's a way of having it minimized somewhere, just like you can have msn opened under Windows but it shows up only on the system tray...?
Thanks!

Ignasi