[macvoiceover] Re: Amadeus Pro - Audio editor / sound and voice recorder for MacOS X

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 02:19:42 -0400

Yeah Amadeus is awesome. Looking forward to those guides on using Amadeus from a voiceover prospective. In Amadeus, i wish there was a way to get to acertain point quickly when you're working with a long lengthy file, like a go to time dialog or something. As far as I know, that's something that hasn't been implemented. Somebody on the list specifically for Amadeus which you can get on I believe through the website, that's how i did it, suggested using the waveform, but since I'm usingg AP with Voiceover, that doesn't work too well lol.

On May 21, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

I don't get excited often about a peace of software, but, I am excited about Amadeus Pro.

GarageBand is still my first choice until Logic becomes more useable, for recording sessions, but, at this time, you can't do much editing with it. for lite recording and editing, podcasting and the like, Amadeus Pro does the trick. You can read about it and download it here.

http://www.hairersoft.com/AmadeusPro/AmadeusPro.html

If this program works for you, I do hope that you will buy it. The makers of this program have been most helpful in making things better for Voiceover users. John Hess has spent a number of hours in working through problems with the developer and although all of the problems are not fixed it is very useable and quite snappy.

You can find a guide at,
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under
MAC with Voiceover
which covers simple editing and I am, with the help from others, putting the finishing touches on an addition to the guide, an introduction to using multi tracking.

Frankly, I did not even try this program for a long time because it had gotten some bad press among Voiceover users, but, it really is a great deal for $40 and you can try it for 30 days.

Well, I fear I am rambleing.

If you need an audio recorder and editor, give Amadeus Pro a try.