[macvoiceover] Re: Alex and breathing

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 16:01:21 -0800

Hello,
You can make Alex read and breathe by doing the following.
For example, in textedit. After you have the document you want to read, go to the Edit menu and select the Speech option. Before you activate the speak option, deactivate VO with Command F5. Now press enter and he will read to you.

Dan

keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Feb 7, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi
Alex only breathes if you send a long enough string of text. The say all command doesn't send enough text at a time, it sends either a line at a time or a sentence at a time depending on how the document is constructed, and therefore Alex won't breathe during say all.

On Feb 7, 2009, at 18:05, Brandon Hicks wrote:

Hi,

Possibly this was just a fluke, however when I read a TextEdit document with VO-A, Alex didn't breathe. Is this because I opened the document from a thumb drive, or was it a fluke, or something? When I read on HTML pages and when the first paragraph of the document was read automatically, everything was fine.
Not really that important, just curious.

Brandon

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams