[macvoiceover] Re: Advantages to iPad for Voiceover users? also iphone and kobo

  • From: Kristyn Leigh <kristyn0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:56:55 -0500

Create your account using Safari on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Olivia Norman <olivianorman@xxxxxx> wrote:

How do I set up an account? I can't figure out a good captcha solution with out sighted assistance.
On Mar 4, 2010, at 1:00 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Kobo works very nicely with the iphone. The only thing is that you can olnly read one chapter at a time and then you have to move it onto the next chapter. It's pretty easy; at least the way I do it is to flick the percentage until it says 100% and then double tap it, then move left past the page number info to the button (that is the forward button; back one more is the back button) I tap that forward button I think twice and then I'm at the next chapter. Then I can start scrolling again and I'm off for another chapter. It is very nice to actually be able to buy current books for a reasonable price. The descriptions I've given are for portrait mode. You can also flick pages the same way you flick pages on your home screen on the iphone but it seems you have to be a certain place on the screen to do this; I actually suspect there's a way to just flick chapters because I think I've accidentally done this a couple of times but can't do it consistently on purpose. I'm hoping it will be even easier with the ipad but I admit my main hope for the ipad is that it will either be so usable with the onscreen keyboard or not too bulky with the physical keyboard so I can use it for regular notetaking.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,