[macvoiceover] A quick look at Numbers.

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 21:50:38 -0500

Ok folks,

This is for SnowLeopard users.

I am going to give this a shot.  Try to use the information I supply to do what
you want to do with numbers.  I am not good at spread sheets, but, here goes.

The thing I do most with numbers is to create databases.

When you open numbers it opens to a layout area, interact twice.  Now you can
move through these cells with just the arrowkeys.
Row 1 along the top is the header cells which allow you to name the columns.

Column 1 will allow you to name the rows.

Column 1 row 1 I mite put name of food

column 2 row 1 how do you like it.
column 3 row 1 I would put how much do you want.

Now, lets go back to column 1 row 1 and downarrow once to row 2 just under kind
of food and I would put bacon.

arrow once to the right and you will hear, bacon how do you like it and I would
start typing fried.

arrow once again to the right and you will hear, bacon how much do you want and
I would start typing, lots

Now, you can go back to column 1 and arrow down once to the next row and type
the name of another food, lets say stake and arrow once to the right and it
will say stake and ask how do you like it and again and it will say stake and
ask you how much and so on

Each layout area will have 13 columns and 45 rows and if that is not enough,
you can add what you need.

I hope that this will be of some help to you folks.

Keith Reedy.Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a
gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.  J Hudson Taylor.