[macvoiceover] A note about iPad passwords

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 22:59:34 -0700

Hello everyone,
If you decide to use password protection on your iPad, it works really well for
us VO users.
When a password is being requested, the screen will display a number pad in the
configuration of a phone's keypad. The iPad requires 4 digits. The numbers also
have the letters associated with them. For example, 9 would cover XYZ, and of
course all the other number/letter associations.
You can make any password changes under Settings, Password. While changing the
password setting, you can also decide if data is removed from the iPad after 10
attempts. You can set the security time before the iPad asks for the password.
From immediately, to I think an hour, or something like that.
Again, all of this is available for us VO users.
You can also use a bluetooth keyboard for entering the password as well.
I am really impressed with this little beast.
I hope this info helps someone.