[mac4theblind] Re: maybe 3rd time is charm

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 18:06:04 -0500

Yes, it might well have been the bard list.  I still don't know who you are
though <grin>

I don't know what re-importing would do using that program.  I've never heard
of or worked with it.  I used an imap account back when I did my pc to mac
migration.

Actually, on the mac, folders in mail are called mailboxes but they act like
folders.  There are two kinds of mailboxes, smart mailboxes and mailboxes.
Smart mailboxes are created/constructed using criteria like if you find this
adress in the from field, put it in this folder.  Much like message rules are
created.  I don't use smart mailboxes.

To create a mailbox, all you do is focus on the mailbox menu, open the "new
mailbox…" dialog and pick a location and type in a name and click ok and the
folder has been created.
Lion is fine although it is a bit harder to set up to look like outlook express
than snow leopard was.  If we can talk on the phone, I can help you better.

On Jan 7, 2012, at 5:15 PM, Catnip wrote:

Okay, let's see.  What happened was I used that PC to Mac import program.
Nothing happened.  We were--with help from phone support--trying to set up
my mail so when I sent it out the "from" would read catnip like it does on
my PC.  It had originally been set up and said Sharon and I didn't want
that.

So, all of a sudden, we got the primary user to be called catnip and WHAM!
All of a sudden all the PC to Mac import files showed up.  I was on my Mac
inbox at the time and here came files from 2007 but all in the inbox.

So
would you recommend I go back to the import program and import them to the
I-mac again or now that all those files are sitting in my in box, how do I
create folders for them?

Maybe I should have opted for the Snow Leopard as I had no idea the Lion
would be totally changed.  LOL.

By the way, is it the Bard list you and I are both on?

Thanks for your help.
People who hate cats will come back as mice!

with his
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
reducing technology's disabilities