[mac4theblind] Re: jailbreaking?

  • From: Justin Harford <blindstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:22:15 -0700

Did you upgrade to 5.1.1? If you're looking for a jailbreak you definitely
should not upgrade. At least through the usual apple means.

I just search this on Google, and it appears that there's no untethered
jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 as of yet. You can search it yourself with the keywords
jailbreak iPod 4G. I also recommend that you check out the dev team blog, where
you can get updates on the process of jailbreaking.

It looks like this guy is working on an untethered jailbreak for the eye
devices now.

http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/

The dev team gave this link on the latest post. Untethered means that you can
reset the device and not have to re-jailbreak it. Again, I think that this
jailbreak is for 5.1, not 5.1.1. You might have to hang in there a little
longer before you can jailbreak your device. Though, you probably won't wait as
long as me, since you don't have to worry about unlocking.

Anymore questions, just let me know.

Regards
Justin Harford

Sent from my iPhone