[mac4theblind] Re: help on help!

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:24:00 -0500

can you give us an example?  I believe I know what you need to do but rather
than searching through help for an item, it would speed up the process having
an example.

On Mar 3, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Julio C. Perez wrote:

It seems like the more I think I've learned, the more I know I've missed!

Right now I'm going through the VoiceOver help menu seeking areas I'm weak on
and hoping to learn more. When I get to a "show" clickable object, I select it…
and nothing seems to happen except that it changes from a "show" to a "hide"
area. Where does the related information get shown? What part of this process
am I not getting?

I can freely admit that navigation and safari navigation in particular are my
weakest areas. This makes learning via the provided help topics slow. Does
anyone know of a good tutorial for transplanted windows/internet explorer/JAWS
users? I mean, there should be enough of us by now to have, at least, an email
list that can serve as a place to trade and ask for information that might bore
those of you for whom the mac environment is natural.

/jp, mac user without papers!************

Touching The Internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At A Tie