[mac4theblind] Re: What is the MacOS equivalent...

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:30:23 -0500

actually, the more I use the mac, the more the lines of distinction between the
two blur for me.

On Nov 27, 2011, at 11:00 AM, John Panarese wrote:

   I know that there is the temptation when one comes over from Windows to look
for Windows equivalents or similarities.  Conceptually, you will find certain
things that fit this mindset.  However, from experience and from having trained
several people over the years, do yourself a big favor now and try to approach
the Mac and VoiceOver as a completely different animal than Windows.  If you
constantly think in Windows terms, trust me when I tell you that you will find
frustration and annoyance a lot more often than is necessary.  You must throw
your Windows thinking out the window and just learn the Mac and become accustom
to the Mac and VoiceOver way of doing things.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Nov 27, 2011, at 4:58 AM, JULIO PEREZ wrote:

> Never mind this question. I've already learned the major part of the
> answers. I'm getting lots of practice in using the dock (VO-d) and the menus
> (VO-m).

with his
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
reducing technology's disabilities