[mac4theblind] Re: Test

  • From: "Bubba" <bubbathegeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 04:31:23 -0400

Hi, I use the Ipad like a net book. So that is the main function. But it
will be better after the new update in November 2010, when you have multi
tasking and full keyboard navigation and printing capabilities. The biggest
thing I dislike about it there was way to many mods on the list. Also the
list was way to big.  I like the Aiphone and the Mac voiceover much better
not near as big and just one mod/owner. They are much easy going and if you
happen to stray OT as long as it don't get uglier and last to long they
don't come pounce on you and treat you like a child and try bashing you and
so forth. Now this being said this is just my thoughts  and not trying to
bash neither one of them. They do a good service for the blind community. My
Iphone I gave to my seeing wife and she really likes it. I like the iphone
for the email and apps but dislike it for the phone part. Here again this is
just me. So I have the Samsung Haven from Verizon that is completely
accessible right out of the box. It is a very basic phone with no internet
or anything the only exter is text messaging. I intend to upgrade my wife
phone or my old 3g phone she has to the new iphone and just use the iphone
then for the apps and such but not the phone. I am going to do this because
the iphone has apps that will not run on the Ipad. Also it is much more
portable to take into doctor office and such then to take the whole big
Ipad. Oh I am also sort of a tech junkie  Now do you have a Mac and which
one do you have?

Sign,
Bubba