[mac4theblind] Quick access to System Preferences isn't gone

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:25:20 -0700

Here is the  hint in full sort of.  It confuses me a bit as I'm on a laptop.
Can someone sheed some light for this 1 year old  mac user?

Quick access to System Preferences isn't gone

You can open several frequently used System Preferences directly in 10.5 and
10.6 with a simple keyboard shortcut.

If you have an Apple keyboard (or a third party one with similarly branded
function keys) you can bring up various system preference panels without using
your mouse at all.

Simply hold down the Option key combined with one of the Apple-branded function
keys to bring up the related preference panel. So Option+F1 or Option+F2 will
bring up Displays.

On the newer keyboards Apple changed the layout of a few of these function keys
so they could include iTunes control keys; Option+ those f-keys used to bring
up iTunes (under 10.5 and maybe the early versions of 10.6?) but that does
nothing now.

Option+ any of the volume keys will bring up the Sound System Pref, and Option+
any of the Exposé function keys will bring up the Exposé/Spaces System Pref.

http://bit.ly/hcYK79