[mac4theblind] Question about voiceover speaking automatically when logged into Lion?

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 19:08:17 +0100

Hi all, quick question. Since buying a Mac running Lion at the end of last year
I haven't really had VO announce the login screen automatically. That's to say
the default greeting it should announce. I have the setting checked that's
called "Use Voiceover on the login window". and the only way that I know that
vo comes up talking is doing a command tab then that's how I know VO is up and
running. Its not a big deal but I just wondered for those who used snow
leopard, did VO announced itself without the user having to touch anything?
curiosity! Grin! Wondered if it was a VO bug in Lion and doing the Mac Lion
updates, 7.2, 3 and 4. Has not done anything different. At least my end here in
the UK.

Thanks