[mac4theblind] Mail question with voiceover and email messages?

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:05:27 +0100

Hi all, using this list as an example, today I was catching up on this list's
batch of emails and I noticed that after reading who it was from, the date etc
and got to the message voiceover would say nothing about that message. The last
thing it mentioned was the file size of the email. Even when I tried
interacting with VO J which I normally do there was still nothing for voiceover
to read in the message. This happened with a lot of the emails that were from
the 5th of this month. It was worrying to the point where I did a repair disc
provisions but fortunately when getting up to the more recent ones Voiceover
was able to read what was contained in the message rather than just rewarding
me with blank all the time. So my question is, is this a common thing that
anyone has picked on. Note Quitting and restarting mail and turning off
Voiceover didn't fixed the problem either also a simple restart of the Mac
failed too. The only thing I can come up with that if you don't check your
email on a certain basses, they become faded and finally crumple into dust thus
unable to read them. Either that LOL or it could be a Lion bug. For the record
I'm using Lion 7.4 and Mail 5.2

I would like to know if people have incounted this a lot as I often do, how if
you do successfully resolve this problem.

Thanks much