[mac4theblind] Re: It would be nice to have Alex on IOS devices. Does anyone know why Apple hasn't done this yet?

  • From: "Christohper-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:09:48 -0400

What apps are those, if I may ask?

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Alawami" <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:00 PM
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: It would be nice to have Alex on IOS devices. Does anyone know why Apple hasn't done this yet?

If you listen carefully though the voice is of bad quality. unacceptable to my trained ears. and those are prompts recored from the mac. I can tell.
On Mar 27, 2012, at 11:10 AM, David Hilbert Poehlman wrote:

I've got some apps with hardwired alex audio in them.

On Mar 27, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Christohper-Mark Gilland wrote:

I think it has to do with the processor, and the fact that the Alex voice is absolutely huge!

Having said that though, if they could fit all the other voices, then I agree, why couldn't they fit Alex. I see why they didn't do it, although I agree their reasoning isn't very logical.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel McGee" <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>