[mac4theblind] Re: I did it....New I pad!

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:50:32 -0400

all I do is show them, telling them or asking them leads to onfusion more often
than not.  Usually when you show them, the recognize it.

On Mar 11, 2012, at 12:28 AM, Christohper-Mark Gilland wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm finding this to be more and more the case.  It seems most
Apple specialests simply don't know about Voiceover.  I literally went into an
Apple store the other day, and was shooting the dice with a genious.  I brought
up the subject of Voiceover, and the didn't even know what it was or that it
existed.  They thought I meant like an app for doing voiceover naration for a
movie etc.  When I mentioned about Universal Access on the Mac, they kind a
shrugged, and said, what's that?

I've found a few reps who really! know there stuff, bigtime, but it's very very
very very! hard to come by.  Kind a makes me wonder how much training some of
these guys really are truely getting.

Frankly, if it was my decision, which it's not, but if! hypotheticly it were,
I'd personally see to it, that in training there was a whole in depth section
completely devoted to not just Vopiceover, but more to Universal Access, in a
whole.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Catnip" <ajokitty@xxxxx>